Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
eally bad right now. I could do a much be
13.05.2016, 03:07
Beitrag: #1
eally bad right now. I could do a much be
PHOENIX -- Finally, the Arizona Diamondbacks won a series at home. Jose Altuve Astros Jersey . Cody Ross hit his first home run of the year, Eric Chavez went deep for the second consecutive day and the Diamondbacks beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-3 on Sunday for their first series win at Chase Field all season. After setting a team record for runs Saturday night in an 18-5 rout, the Diamondbacks broke a 3-all tie with Chavezs two-run shot off Dan Haren (5-2) in the fifth inning. "We kind of went in there with a little momentum," manager Kirk Gibson said. "Last nights game was good for us. The thing about last nights game is, unless you play good (today), it doesnt really mean anything." Ross, batting .163 entering the game after coming back from major hip surgery, also doubled for Arizona, which has won two straight over the Dodgers after losing eight of the first nine meetings this season. "I felt something in BP the other day where I was, All right, I can start driving the ball," Ross said. Chris Owings singled three times and stole two bases for the Diamondbacks. The rookie is 9 for 11 against Haren. Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez homered for the Dodgers, who have lost three of four. "Obviously, you dont want to keep losing series. If you lose series you are not going to go anywhere," Los Angeles manager Don Mattingly said. "I am really worried about day to day. Till we can grind out wins, we are in trouble." Josh Collmenter (2-2) went 5 1-3 innings to get the win. Addison Reed threw a scoreless ninth for his 12th save. Collmenter was lifted after 84 pitches, allowing two runs and four hits. "If you can beat division rivals at home, thats big," Collmenter said. "Especially the way weve been able to play halfway decent on the road, if we can match that at home I think we can get our record where we want it to be." Haren gave up five runs, a season-high four earned, and 10 hits in six innings. "The last three games have been a struggle for me," he said. "Prior to that I was fine. I have to look and see what I was doing earlier in the year." Owings led off the fifth with a single. With two outs and a 3-2 count, Chavez -- who entered in the fourth after Martin Prado left with blurred vision in his left eye -- hit an opposite-field homer to left. That gave Chavez home runs in consecutive at-bats. He also had a pinch-hit shot Saturday. After first baseman Paul Goldschmidt dropped a relay throw for what would have been an inning-ending double play, the Dodgers loaded the bases with two outs against Brad Ziegler in the eighth. But second baseman Cliff Pennington caught Matt Kemps liner to end the inning. Ramirezs two-out homer in the first gave the Dodgers a 1-0 lead. Arizona tied it with an unearned run in the second. Ross doubled and scored when Ramirez threw wildly to first while trying to turn what would have been an inning-ending double play. In the third, Ramirez walked and Gonzalez homered to give the Dodgers a 3-1 lead. The Diamondbacks cut it to 3-2 when Gerardo Parra led off the bottom half with a single, went to second on a wild pitch and scored on Owings single. Ross first home run of the season tied it at 3 in the fourth. Even with the victory, the Diamondbacks are 6-16 at Chase Field this season. NOTES: Randy Johnson threw out the ceremonial first pitch to commemorate his perfect game 10 years ago. ... Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig went 0 for 3 and was hit by a pitch, ending his 16-game hitting streak. ... Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill sat out his second straight game with a sore right shoulder. ... Both teams have Monday off. The Dodgers open a series Tuesday night against the Mets in New York, with Josh Beckett (1-1, 2.38 ERA) pitching for Los Angeles. Rafael Montero (0-1) makes his second major league start for the Mets. Arizona visits St. Louis on Tuesday. Bronson Arroyo (4-2, 4.15 ERA) starts for the Diamondbacks against Adam Wainwright (6-2, 2.11). Evan Gattis Astros Jersey . - The Seattle Seahawks say their decision to limit ticket sales for the NFC championship game to certain states was due to concerns over ticket brokers. Jeff Bagwell Jersey .com) - The Chicago White Sox and outfielder Melky Cabrera have reportedly agreed to a three-year contract.TORONTO - By the end of Thursdays three hour-and 32-minute, triple-overtime marathon, the longest game in franchise history, the Toronto Raptors had run out of gas while nearly running out of active bodies. Two of the Raptors starters, along with their sixth man, had fouled out after gutting out a couple of extra periods playing hurt. One starter was absent, having left for the locker room earlier in the game with an injury and another was mired in one of the worst games in his professional career. "I feel like if we would have had everybody in the game, we probably would have come up with the win," said Amir Johnson, who - playing on a couple of sore ankles - picked up his sixth foul late in the first overtime, as his team went on to fall 132-129 to the Washington Wizards at home. Patrick Patterson was whistled for his sixth minutes earlier, while Kyle Lowry - hobbling on an ankle he tweaked going in for a potential game-winning drive at the end of regulation - fouled out two minutes before the night came to a merciful end. Terrence Ross, who scored a team-high 11 points in the first half, did not return for the second after he, too, suffered an ankle injury. As a team, the Raptors, until very late in the fourth, were outworked in a game that seemed to mean more to the visiting Wizards, losers of three straight to Toronto this season, than it did to the home team. Overall, Washington grabbed 18 offensive rebounds, registered 80 points in the paint, bested the Raptors 21-6 in second-chance points and held a 10-point edge in fast break scoring. Still, the Raptors were right there with a chance to steal a victory they probably didnt deserve at the end of regulation and as the clock expired to close the first OT period. "I like the way we battled," said coach Dwane Casey, "even through the foul trouble and also with injuries." "Coach told us before the game its going to be a playoff-atmosphere game," said DeMar DeRozan, the lone starter on the floor when the Wizards finally began to pull away in the third OT. "Thats what it was. We fought to the end, we just couldnt get no stops in overtime." DeRozan led the Raptors with 34 points in 57 minutes. Lowry logged 54 minutes, 13 in extra time, despite coming down awkwardly on his ankle after just missing the go-ahead layup ahead of the fourth-quarter buzzer. Again, the ball was in the hands of the Raptors point guard in a similar situation five minutes later when the trailing John Wall blocked his runner in the lane. "He stayed in the game, but he turned his ankle real bad on that play," Casey said. "I thought Kyle still battled on defence and I thought he was huge for us." How was his ankle feeling after the game? "Its great," Lowry said with a smirk on his face, withholding - not surprisingly - any pain from the hoard of media. "A game like this, the bumps and bruises hurt a little bit more," said Johnson, who had 16 points annd nine rebounds in 42 minutes, "especially when you come up short and there were so many times we could have ended the game and won the game. Preston Tucker Jersey. It was a tough loss." “We wanted to win the game," Lowry added after just missing out on a triple-double with 18 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds. "At the end of the day, we go out there and try to win every single night. We dont try to just go out there and compete and say, ‘Oh, we gave it our best shot. We go out there and try to win every single game." Three-point shooting kept Toronto in striking distance as the Raptors knocked down 12 of their 30 attempts from long range, including four from Greivis Vasquez, who stepped up in Rosss stead. Vasquez recorded a season-high 26 points to go along with eight assists in 38 minutes off the bench, his most productive game since coming over in the December trade from Sacramento. With the win, the fifth-place Wizards avoided the season-series sweep with Toronto and pulled within two games of the Raptors for the third seed in the East. Although it was a long night for everyone involved - Casey ended up using all 13 players available to him - it couldnt have ended soon enough for Jonas Valanciunas, who had a game to forget. Once Patterson and Johnson fouled out in OT, Casey reluctantly went back to Valanciunas, though he had been sitting on the bench since late in the third quarter. Understandably, the 21-year-old was out of rhythm and lacking in the confidence department. It showed. The sophomore had difficulty keeping up with Marcin Gortat - who scored a career-best 31 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, seven of them offensive - and negated one of his own teams buckets on an offensive goaltending call. Casey rotated in the likes of Tyler Hansbrough and Chuck Hayes, Steve Novak and Landry Fields - the three had not played more than a few seconds until OT - when it became apparent the Raptors starting centre was causing more harm than good. Although Casey wouldnt point the finger at the young seven-footer, given the length of time he spent on the bench before re-entering, "it wasnt fair to Jonas," he said, Valanciunas was far more critical of himself after the loss. "I feel really sad," he said with his head down. "Weve got to learn from [our] mistakes. I feel really bad right now. I could do a much better job than what I did. Im going to watch the film, learn from it to not repeat it next game." Luckily, the Raptors will have a couple of days off to rest, recuperate and regroup before hosting the Golden State Warriors on Sunday, their only game in the next seven days. "We just go over the mistakes we made on film [and] clean them up," Johnson said. "It just makes you realize how much talent we have on this team, what we can do." "[Were] going to go over film, rest our bodies
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Kontakt | 1. PBV Amberg | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation