Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
mbed to ninth in the standings, six points
13.05.2016, 02:59
Beitrag: #1
mbed to ninth in the standings, six points
Following James Neals knee on Brad Marchand and Shawn Thorntons slew foot and punches to Brooks Orpik in the first period of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Boston Bruins game on Saturday, TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie weighed in on the two incidents on Twitter. Albert Pujols Red Jersey . "Im no rocket surgeon but have to think Shawn Thornton will get in-person hearing for knocking down Brooks Orpik and KOing him while down. Id also imagine NHL [Department of] Player Safety will be looking hard at James Neals knee to head of Brad Marchand for possible supplementary discipline." McKenzie also addressed Orpiks initial hit on Loui Eriksson and his refusal to fight Thornton that precipitated the two incidents to follow. "Orpiks hit on Eriksson was hockey play, couldve been minor for interference, but well within context of game action. Orpik shouldnt necessarily be obliged to answer the bell to Thornton on that hit. It wasnt that egregious." McKenzie believes Thornton will have a tough time explaining his actions. "Thornton will have no defence for taking down Orpik and even less for punching him while he was down and not prepared to defend himself. As for Neal, there could be more room for a benefit of the doubt based on actual intent. "Neal on Marchand may or may not have been sneaky dirty or accidentally on purpose, but thats for NHL Player Safety to determine. McKenzie also gave a final assessment on both. "[My] guess is Thornton and Neal will both get suspended with Thornton somewhere between six games and double digits. Neals number of games may hinge on Marchands status. Marchand did not leave the game. Mike Trout Grey Jersey .S. Open title at Pebble Beach to winning the match that gave Europe victory in the Ryder Cup. He knew an encore was going to be tough. C.J. Wilson Angels Jersey . Sam Carrick and Jerry DAmigo, with an empty-netter, also scored as part of a three-goal third period that broke the game open for Toronto. Josh Leivo, Spencer Aboott and Jerrod Smithson collected two assists apiece in front of an announced crowd of 6,399 at Ricoh Coliseum.FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Bradys last attempt at Super Bowl redemption last lasted less than 15 minutes. The Patriots quarterback was injured in the first quarter of the 2008 regular season opener, seven months after the New York Giants beat New England in the Super Bowl. Now that hes trying to shake the memory of another Super Bowl loss to the Giants, Brady is using that season as a lesson. "I think one thing that my injury taught me a few years ago was how fragile this game is, and to be able to take the field every week is really a blessing," Brady told reporters on Thursday after an one of the off-season organized team activities. Losing the Super Bowl "is part of learning as a player," Brady said. "Hopefully you get a chance to be in that position again. At this point, we try to move on and you try to look forward to what this season is going to be about. Its a different group of players, different coaches, a little different system. Youre trying to put together a team here that can go out and compete every single week." Asked if he looks at things differently at 35 than he did at 25, Brady responded, a little too seriously: "Im not 35." He turns 35 in August. The Patriots went 16-0 in the 2007 regular season and made it 18-0 in the playoffs before the Giants came back to win in the Super Bowl with two fourth-quarter touchdowns, including the one by Plaxico Burress with 35 seconds left. In the first quarter of the first game of the 08 regular season, Brady blew out his knee and was gone for the year. This February, New England again blew a fourth-quarter lead in the championship game, this time when Ahmad Bradshaw scored -- uncontested -- from 6 yards out with 57 seconds left. Brady has already moved on. "You dont look back too much on the past and say, What if? What if? Youd drive yourself crazy," Brady said. "At some point, you have to put it in the past and move on." Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork said the loss has "no effect" on this season. "You start back from where you started before, from zero. Thats where Im at now," he said. "You really cant dwell over spoiled milk. Last year was last year, thats how you have to look at it and keep rolling. You have to be a professional." Brady is hoping this season will end better, and the Patriots have stocked up his receiving corps to make it happen. The team signed free agents Donte Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney and re-signed Deion Branch and Wes Welker to go along with Julian Edelman and Chadd Ochocinco. Kole Calhoun Jersey. "Weve brought in quite a few guys," Brady said. "Hopefully the mix of guys that we had last year along with the new guys can create some different options for us. Its a very competitive position. All of our days of practice have been very competitive. ... The more good players you have, the better team youre going to be." Welker caught more passes than anyone else in the NFL last season but couldnt come down with the one that might have clinched a win in the Super Bowl. He had been hoping for a long-term deal, but the Patriots used the franchise tag on him; he decided to sign the $9.5 million tender offer rather than hold out. His teammates are glad to have him back. "Everybody is different and you cant fault anybody for handling their business. Ill let Wes business be Wes business," said Wilfork, who had contract issues of his own back in 2009. "Hes one of the best receivers in the game and coming off the year he had, hes probably one of our best players and one of the best players around the league. Im happy that hes back rolling with us for at least another year." A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Welker led the NFL with 122 receptions and was second in the league with 1,569 yards receiving. Brady said hed like Welker to finish his career with the Patriots. "There are always contract situations and its not my contract situation so I dont really comment," Brady said. "I just try to support Wes and his role and what hes asked to do. You see what kind of commitment he makes by coming out here and practicing. Hes always worked his tail off. I love having him out there with me and hes one of my great friends. Hopefully everything works out." The Patriots worked out for the second week in a row, with one more of the practices called OTAs before minicamp in June. Thursday was Bradys first general media availability, so he discussed everything from the teams off-season moves to the suicide of teammate Junior Seau. Brady said learning of Seaus death had him thinking about the end of his own playing days. "That transition, Ive heard, is hard and well all have to deal with it at some point. Hopefully we can deal with it as best as we know how. If we need help, we can seek it out," Brady said. "Everyone had so much respect for him by the way that he approached the game, by the way that he approached life. He was a very good friend of mine. It was a very sad day. Im sure its sad still for his family and for all his friends who really loved him so much. "Hes certainly missed."
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Kontakt | 1. PBV Amberg | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation