Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
The former first-rounder survived cutdown day
07.12.2018, 09:40
Beitrag: #1
The former first-rounder survived cutdown day
Youth Harrison Smith Jersey , making the Denver Broncos' roster Saturday despite slipping to third on the depth chart this summer behind primary backup quarterback Chad Kelly, last year's "Mr. Irrelevant.""With Chad not having a lot of experience and not having played in a regular season game before, we thought we had to go with three quarterbacks," Elway said.So, Lynch, who lost out to Trevor Siemian for the starting job each of the last two summers, is officially a developmental QB.As such, he will have to improve on his own while running the scout team and facing Denver's defense, Elway said, while starting quarterback Case Keenum prepares for games.Lynch's roster spot might not be safe for the season, however.Elway said he had reached out to several available seasoned quarterbacks "but the veteran quarterbacks didn't want to come in right now," preferring to wait for better opportunities for playing time.Kelly, who spent his rookie season last year on IR, leapfrogged Lynch last month Youth Stefon Diggs Jersey , becoming the second seventh-rounder to beat out the former Memphis star whom Elway moved up to draft 26th overall in 2016.Elway did take a sledgehammer to his 2017 draft class, as he discharged running back De'Angelo Henderson , receiver Carlos Henderson, cornerback Brendan Langley and punt returner Isaiah McKenzie in reaching the NFL's 53-man limit.The Broncos kept 10 rookies, including eight members of their much-ballyhooed 2018 draft class, plus undrafted running back Phillip Lindsay and linebacker A.J. Johnson, the former Tennessee star who missed 3 1-2 years of football while fighting a rape case. He was acquitted in June.Elway isn't fretting the infusion of youth."I get excited" about rookies, Elway said. "I don't get nervous about it."Among the rookies expected to make immediate impacts are Lindsay, Bradley Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton and Josey Jewell."I'm excited about the '18 class," Elway said. "The '17 class, I'm not giving up on that, either. Obviously White Eric Kendricks Jersey , we had to let a few of them go today."Some of the 2017 draftees' departures were anticipated after Elway shifted his philosophy this year and drafted experience and leadership — all 10 of his picks spent four years in major college programs and were captains — instead of selecting athletic, raw prospects like the ones who dominated the 2017 class."Picking high in each rounds helps," said Elway, who selected fifth after a dismal 5-11 season. "I really hope that we're not picking nearly that high again next year."Carlos Henderson, a third-round pick out of Louisiana Tech in 2017, never played in a game for Denver. He spent last year on injured reserve and didn't show up for training camp this year, citing personal reasons.Like much of last year's draft class, Langley was a project who played just one year of college ball at his position — and he went down in classification to do it — transferring from Georgia to Lamar.McKenzie fumbled six times as a rookie but enjoyed coach Vance Joseph's staunch support until his fumble as a receiver last month cost the Broncos a chance at a last-minute field goal to beat the Bears.Last week, the Broncos signed veteran Adam Jones , making both McKenzie and Langley expendable.The Broncos placed rookie tight end Troy Fumagalli (groin) on IR and receiver Jordan Taylor, still recovering from double hip surgery, was placed on the PUP list.The only 2018 draftee who didn't make the cut was Arkansas running back David Williams.Other notable cuts included: *****Download Link Here*****Episode Notes:Here’s the link, when it goes live, to my review of the Eagles gameHere’s the discussion of the game probability and late game management I mentionedThis is my 2014 article on Chad GreenwayThis piece on rushing overrelies on yards-per-carry to make its point Kirk Cousins Jersey , but it does an excellent job otherwise demonstrating that the relationship is positive but not huge.This piece does an excellent job localizing it to the first three quartersThis one, by Ben Baldwin, shows that the relationship between running — whether by volume, effectiveness or attempts — doesn’t seem to relate to much to passing.This study breaks it down in a variety of ways and found the same.Special thanks to Rhymesayers Entertainment and Atmosphere for the new theme song!Arif - @ArifHasanNFLJames - @bigmonoTo listen to more, this is the link to that iTunes feed. If you can’t for whatever reason subscribe via iTunes, subscribe to via our RSS feed, which should support the RSS reader or podcast organizer of your choice. You can still leave a review even if you can’t subscribe via iTunes because it’s easy to create an AppleID. We also have a YouTube channel. Our podcasts are automatically uploaded there.If you want to make sure you don’t miss an episode and find out ways to support the show, head to our website!But we also have a Patreon and that should make it even easier to support the best podcast for your Minnesota Vikings. We know that it’s a tough ask given all the problems involving their transaction fees, but if can manage it, check it out here. If you wanted to donate via Paypal instead of Patreon, head to this link.Once again, contact me at arifmhasan (at) gmail dot com or the podcast at NorseCodePodcast (at) gmail dot com. Follow us on twitter at @NorseCodeDN or just me at @ArifHasanNFL. You can follow producer and host James Pogatshnik at @bigmono.
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Kontakt | 1. PBV Amberg | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation