1. PBV Amberg Vereinsforum
MIAMI - Milos Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in singles action at the Sony - Druckversion

+- 1. PBV Amberg Vereinsforum (http://forum.pbvamberg.de)
+-- Forum: Allgemein (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Allgemein (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thema: MIAMI - Milos Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in singles action at the Sony (/showthread.php?tid=18878)

MIAMI - Milos Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in singles action at the Sony - jokergreen0220 - 13.02.2019 02:58

MIAMI - Milos Raonic remains the last Canadian standing in singles action at the Sony Open after beating American Jack Sock 6-4, 7-6 (7-1) on Saturday to advance. Fred Warner Jersey . Fellow Canadian Vasek Pospisil is out of the tournament following a loss in his debut match. Raonic, seeded 12th, hung Sock out to dry in their second-round match, ending with his 14th ace after 86 minutes. The Thornhill, Ont., native broke once while allowing Sock few chances to take an initiative. "It was a decent first match, a bit windy," said Raonic. "It was a good chance to find my rhythm. "The further I get into a tournament the more I start to cut my margin for error. I think in the next match (against Spains Guillermo Garcia-Lopez) I can start to take more chances." Raonics victory marked his third straight appearance in a Miami third round, the best he has done so far. A year ago, he was forced to withdraw with an injury before facing American Sam Querrey. Toronto doubles veteran Daniel Nestor and Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic took an opening win over Andy Murrays elder brother Jamie Murray and John Peers, beating the pair 6-4, 7-5 in the first round. Pospisil failed to end a two-month losing streak on the ATP as the Vancouver native fell to Slovenian Aljaz Bedene, but came away with a positive attitude on his progress after recent back pain. The 27th seeded Pospisil was beaten in a first-time meeting with Bedene 7-6 (7-5), 5-7, 6-3. Pospisil, only recently recovered from pains which began late in the previous season, won the opening set but could not maintain momentum. He had never played the Masters 1000 event in South Florida. Pospisil went down in just under two and a half hours, and has not won a match since the Australian Open in mid-January when he beat Matthew Ebden in the second round. "Overall it was positive for me," said Pospisil, "The back felt almost 100 per cent. It was the first time I felt I could compete and have a chance of winning a match." Pospisil ended with a modest seven aces against eight for No. 119 Bedene, with Pospisil never earning a break point while losing serve twice. "It was a tough match. He played well, it was very physical," Pospisil said. "My level fell a bit at the end when I needed to hang tough, but its a good feeling knowing that you can compete. "I felt that I could almost move up to my standards. Its a much better feeling. Im disappointed but I did play well, especially on serve and from the back of the court." San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. Mike McGlinchey 49ers Jersey . Ferrer, the two-time defending champion in Buenos Aires, is aiming to win his 21st ATP tournament. Ferrer will next face fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, the fourth seed, who defeated Jeremy Chardy of France 7-6 (7), 6-3 in another quarterfinal match. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/Customized/ . Joakim Nordstrom and Garret Ross also scored for Chicago and Corey Crawford made 30 saves. Tomas Tatar scored twice for Red Wings (2-3-0), Jonathan Ericsson added a goal and Gustav Nyquist had three assists.LONDON -- Tony Pulis tasted home defeat as Crystal Palace manager for the first time as his side was comprehensively beaten by Newcastle 3-0 at a wet and windy Selhurst Park on Saturday. Newcastle has racked up impressive away victories at Tottenham and Manchester United in recent weeks and it was Yohan Cabaye, the returning match-winner from Old Trafford, who opened the scoring in the 25th minute. The France international was recalled after missing the draw against Southampton due to suspension and his deflected strike set Newcastle on its way. Cassius Marsh 49ers Jersey. Palace enjoyed its best spell of possession following Cabayes effort but went 2-0 down when Danny Gabbidon turned a dangerous cross past his own goalkeeper shortly before half time. Newcastle dominated the second half and grabbed a third in the 86th, courtesy of a late penalty from substitute Hatem Ben Arfa. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '