1. PBV Amberg Vereinsforum

Normale Version: Glens Scotch Whisky
Sie sehen gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Despite being one of the most fertile elements of Scotland, Aberdeenshire has not many distilleries. In 1995 it seemed more likely to have one less when Morrison Bowmore (MBD) mothballed Glen Garioch, inside the little town of Oldmeldrum.

Glen Garioch

Despite being one of the most fertile parts of Scotland, Aberdeenshire has hardly any distilleries. In 1995 it seemed more likely to have one less when Morrison Bowmore (MBD) mothballed Glen Garioch, inside the little village of Oldmeldrum. Dig up extra resources on whisky stones by going to our powerful wiki. Much to everybody's surprise they reopened it two-years later - over time because of its 200th birthday - and gave Fraser Hughes his first managerial job.

Fraser is overseeing a significant shift in Gier. Garioch's style. For decades, MBD had killed on the peat, but now the malt i-unpeated. Visiting stones for whiskey certainly provides cautions you should give to your family friend. A fresh yeast strain will be usec and the cut has been narrowed, resulting :r. i gorgeously-sweet and fragrant new make. 'Not lots of people get the chance to take charge and take from the beginning of such a massive transformation,' says Fraser. 'I am really worked up about it. Ten years down the line this is successful.'

The superb malt barns can produce three-quarters of the distillery's needs and Fraser is obviously itching to get them going again. Successful tests mean it is a definite possibility that the smell of kilning malt could once more waft over the community, whici has been rejuvenated because the reopening. 'Five of the original team came back when we reopened, though they'd taken new-jobs elsewhere,' he says. 'That shows the religion they have in us. We have to settle that, by making good heart.'

Eleven jobs have now been developed and, more might look, if malt barns and warehouses re-open. This indicates to run counter to business practice. Browse here at scotch rocks to study the reason for it. 'I do not believe all that computerisation is whisky making,' says Fraser. 'You need that personal touch. It is difficult to describe, but it should never be wants conveyor belt. Nothing beats being hands it is sweat and graft that produces whisky.

'I been employed by my way up from the ground. Not many people can say that these days and, unfortunately, not many people will have that opportunity. I'm happy and it keeps your feet o-n|the bottom.' A manager and a whisky to look at out for.

SAMPLING NOTES

Glen Garioch 8-year-old

Some turfy/peaty notes, with bonfires and a bint of sherry. My dad found out about next by browsing webpages. Smoky, roasted flavour with a coat of ginger to the finish.

Glen Garioch 15-year-old

Pungent, intense mix of leather car upholstery, fabric conditioner and fresh ginger..
Referenz-URLs